Re: [Debconf-team] Call for volunteers for DebConf sites (for both python/django and html/css/js)

> On 13 Aug 2015, at 10:30, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:
>

> On 13/08/15 09:09, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
>> Hello DebConfers,
>>
>> We are planing the sites for next debconfs and we would like to form a
>> real team for such website (registration, schedule, homepages).
(…)

> Is this something that an Outreachy or GSoC student could contribute to?
>
> Have you seen the work Harsh[1] has been doing?  This is probably a
> useful example of the type of things GSoC students are able to
> contribute.  Personally, I feel that by modularizing as much as possible
> it makes it easier for people to get into and work on one area that they
> are motivated to work in without bumping into anybody else.
>
> Another Outreachy round starts soon.  The benefit of any work done in
> GSoC 2016 may not be ready for DebConf to use until 2017 though

For GSoC I don’t know if it fit with our plans: On summers we need to have a working system, and probably we will be busy on fixing that system, so I don’t think we will have time for mentoring and a parallel system.

Outreachy: I don’t know the plan, maybe it can fit better.

The tasks are not so related to Debian workflow, so new people will have no problem to enter in Debian world.

But I’ll check with the GSoC/Outrachy team about what could we do together.

ciao
     cate