Re: [Debconf-team] Preliminar schedule (everything can change)

On 21/07/15 17:11, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 04:58:12PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
>> Hi Steve,

>>> Is this the complete list of talks that are scheduled, or are more yet
>>> to be added?
>>
>> I believe the content team reserves the right to add additional talks
>> until the conference is over, but it is not anticipated that this will
>> happen on a larger scales than maybe a handful.
>
> OK... I'm really unhappy to not see my ARM BoF in the list of accepted
> talks, with no feedback given. It's a regular session from one year to
> the next, typically with a large audience. And (very confusingly!) the
> Debian-CD BoF session (230) is in Maxy's preliminary schedule but not
> in the list at https://summit.debconf.org/debconf15/all/ .
>
> Could somebody explain please?

Steve, I already indicated to the content team that I would be willing
to have my talk proposals (which were not confirmed yet either) reduced
from 60 minutes to 45 or 30 minutes if it allows them to fit more talks.

Maybe some other people who originally requested 60 minute talks will be
happy to do the same.  DUCC.it was just 30 minute slots and I felt it
worked well, there was a slot of diversity there.

I'm also doing a blog about my experience self-recording talks with a
smartphone and lapel microphone.  This is surprisingly effective (with
the right app) and will offer an extra option for people making
last-minute presentations in a room that the video team isn't covering.

Regards,

Daniel