Re: [Debconf-team] Plan to organise a one-day workshop pre-DebConf

On 19/07/15 18:34, Martín Ferrari wrote:

> Can all orga members organise their own workshops and classes like this?
> What would sponsors think? To an outsider this might look like a pretty
> good perk to have.. For one, I would love to organise a workshop like
> this: the exposure would attract more clients to my business!

And there is a subtle but very important ideological factor here: do we
want DebConf to have paid workshops every year, like in many commercial
conferences? Should we expect that dc16 or dc17 will have a line up of
VIPs that attract paying attendees, and a few days of workshops for
professional attendees only?

These are not rhetorical questions, it is the kind of questions that we
need to ask ourselves honestly and decide which kind of conference do we
want.

Tincho.

PS: having madduck@debconf.org as the contact email for this does not
enforce the idea that the workshop is independent of the conference.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)