Re: [Debconf-team] Job fair timing and sponsorship criteria

Margarita Manterola dijo [Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 07:37:04PM +0200]:

> I understand where these concerns are coming from. I used to live in
> Argentina, so I totally understand the problem. However, I also know
> that the further away you are, the less significant the exact day of
> the week on which the conference starts, as cheap flights are normally
> on weekdays, not weekends, and if possible most people don't cross the
> Atlantic for just one week...
>
> Whatever the case, I'd like to note that we've been discussing the
> schedule since September or so last year, there was a lot of feedback
> that was taken into account and accommodated. But nobody had brought
> this up until now.  And we had just called it final last week... I'm
> very reluctant to now go revisiting the schedule, not because it's not
> possible, but because we want to move on to other stuff. The constant
> revisiting of decisions already taken is very frustrating, energy
> consuming and de-motivating.

I'm sorry for bringing in noise (even more as I was just "me
too"-ing), I know I have been quite inactive and disconnected lately.

I'm not retracting from my position, but I don't want to introduce
needless stress in the process. And as you say, there has been a long
time for discussion, and I didn't speak up (more) on time. Yes, I
spoke opposing several details, but I guess those issues were dealt
with back then :)