Re: [Debconf-team] Job fair timing and sponsorship criteria

also sprach Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debian.org> [2015-04-29 10:19 +0200]:
> The job fair is currently scheduled for the main DebConf arrival day.

Actually, we would like Saturday to be the first day of DebConf and
the main arrival day be Friday, but we probably failed to make this
clear.

> I'd suggest moving the job fair to the day after the arrival day,
> which makes this issue irrelevant, and considering transoceanic
> jetlag & travel fatigue in scheduling job fairs for future
> DebConfs.

The only issue I see here is that day guests will be leaving in the
afternoon, including those staffing the fair booths. But seems like
half a dozen and six of the other, or something about rocks and hard
places. ;)

> (DebConf16 will be a long flight even for many in nearby
> longitudes.) If the job fair stays on the arrival day, I'd suggest
> considering this as a valid sponsorship reason for the final night
> of DebCamp15 for transoceanic attendees.

The big question is: can we somehow tweak things in the
communication and still convince people that *all* should arrive on
Friday already?

This could be done *in addition* of moving the job fair to Sunday,
if those responsible for the job fair and scheduling deem it
appropriate.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org