Re: [Debconf-team] Schedule proposals and decision for the next meeting

Hi,

El 30/03/15 a las 08:23, Giacomo Catenazzi escribió:

> > On 29 Mar 2015, at 23:48, Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Please discuss it also with video, to see if they can manage the schedule/which slots cannot be recorded.
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean here.  90 minutes should be enough time for
> > every member of the video team to eat and have spare free time on top
> > of that (assuming that they are taking the shifts before and after
> > lunch, which is not necessarily what will happen).  Most people
> > usually take less than 30 minutes to eat, so that leaves 60 minutes
> > free time for everybody.
>
> Video-team is often understaffed, so it is difficult to have shifts, and usually core-video team will do a check of equipment over lunch [solving problems, changing cassette, etc.]
>
> Note: the problem is not only for video-team, but whole orga-team: we will spend much time to look for people. The venue is smaller (i.e. more packed) than dc12 and dc13, but…
>
> I think we can live with 90 min, but IMHO it will not be a enjoyable period for us.
>
> So I would make 2h (or 1:45) and take time from afternoon break. 1h break in full summer it could cause beer and relax (so skipping last talks).

> >> BTW DebConf is also informal discussion, so we don’t need excessive number of talks.
> >
> > The schedule has quite a bunch of empty space to allow meetings,
> > sprints, hacking time, etc. I don't think the result will be excessive
> > talks.

I think I have already expressed my opinion on this, so sorry if I'm
repeating myself.
If we want a two-hour lunch and make use of an overlapping half-hour to
schedule events, I'd propose to limit it to non-video-recorded events
(e.g. Ad-hoc sessions).

Do you think that would be a good compromise?
That would help to avoid ad-hoc sessions "competing" with
scheduled/official events. We have a large number of rooms, but keep in
mind that the only event-free slots would happen at the end of Thursday
and Friday afternoons, after the afternoon break.

Cheers,

Santiago