Re: [Debconf-team] Pre-payment by wire transfer for accomodation+food

Hey,

* Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2015-03-29 11:51:01 +0200]:

> Hi!
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Nicolas Dandrimont <olasd@debian.org> wrote:
> > I understand that we need two payments:
> >  - One for the registration fee, that can be wired to the DebConf e.V.
> >  - One for the accomodation+food, paid directly to the Hostel.
>
> This worries me as this is definitely not the case.  Where/why did you
> get this impression?

Now that I reread the registration page, it's clear. I have overlooked it on
first read, sorry! I think I got confused between sponsoring, registration
and registration for sponsorship :)

> All payments will be done at the Hostel, on arrival.  This includes
> the registration fee as well as accommodation+food.
>
> > AIUI, the only option so far for the hostel payment is cash or card on arrival.
> > While it would be okay for me to pay in advance and get reimbursed, I'd much
> > rather have my employer get sent an invoice and directly wire the funds,
> > avoiding delays and money getting shuffled around for no reason :)
> >
> > Would you mind exploring that possibility?
>
> Given that we are not asking for the payment in advance, is there
> anything else left to explore?

Well, whether the hostel can invoice and receive funds (for both registration
and food+accomodation) by wire in advance. But I gather from madduck's mail
that it's not an option. I'll make arrangements with my employer to pay myself
and get reimbursed.

Thanks,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #338:
old inkjet cartridges emanate barium-based fumes