[Debconf-team] Suggestions for improving our IRC meetings

Hi,

Yesterday it was raised that our IRC meetings might be a bit stressful for people that are not native English speakers, or that are not used to following text discussions that go so fast.

I agree that this is a problem and good like to improve the way we do our meetings.

For future meetings I plan to:

1) When there seems to be agreement on something but it's not 100% clear do:

marga suggests: #agreed we should do foo/bar/baz

And then people can state clearly if they don't agree.  This is not just for me, anyone can suggest an agreement.  It usually helps if we try to formulate what we agree on, so that we stop discussing things that everyone already is ok with, and so that people with concerns can raise objections explicitly about the part that they don't agree with.

2) If the discussion goes on long after it was slotted to finish, suggest that we should follow up on a different medium (on list, follow-up IRC meeting, phonecall, whatever).

I'd be happy to hear any other suggestions that others may have regarding how to improve our meetings to make them easier to follow without making them take hours and hours.

Thanks!

--
Besos,
Marga