Re: [Debconf-team] Please have a mailing list for content team

also sprach Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@zhevny.com> [2015-02-24 19:29 +0100]:
> As for having it on -team ... you have said many times in various
> ways that we need to trust teams to do their work and make their
> decisions, which I think I mostly agree with. I don't know if it's
> the right way or best way to get to that goal, but it seems likely
> to me that a separate public list could be a mechanism to mentally
> and logistically provide that autonomy while also providing
> transparency.

Yes, that echoes my concern very well, thanks! Basically, a separate
list would give the team a sort of autonomous space where guests are
welcome, but they are just that: guests. Yes, this should also be
possible on dc-team, but as you equally well said:

> It might require something of a cultural shift and change of
> thinking for many of us (myself definitely included) to provide
> a sub team with input, advice and opinions w/o trying to control
> or micro-manage that sub team's decisions.

But how about we try it? Use dc-team for the discussion and keep
that in mind, content team — if you feel like you are being held
back by too much input or unclear competencies, then making a new
list will be a matter of 48 hours…

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org