Re: [Debconf-team] Please have a mailing list for content team

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2015-02-24 16:45 +0100]:
> However, with the new organization, a lot of matters fall in the hands
> of the content team that really don't warrant any secrecy
> (organization of sprints, conference schedule, call for proposals,
> etc).

I'm with David Bremner and don't think we need another list,
especially since e.g. conference schedule is not really just content
team realm, but a task that requires collaboration from whatever
team does the venue and general logistics.

> Many of us that are not in the content team would like to be able
> to read and/or participate in this discussions.  It's not in the
> spirit of Debian nor DebConf to have this discussions hidden from
> the rest.

I agree with you that we don't want cabals and secrecy. However, we
should also make sure that we're ready for this, that is that having
possibly endless public discussions does not prevent people in
charge from making decisions in a timely manner.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16