Re: [Debconf-team] Draft schedule format

also sprach Santiago Ruano Rincón <santiago@debian.org> [2015-02-17 13:28 +0100]:
> I would agree also for ending breakfast earlier (but I see in
> titanpad that people objected). Another option would be to
> announce the info at 10:00, in the plenary room and take this into
> account in schedule/events time. What do you think?

I think announcements/raffle/whatever can be done in well under 10
minutes and the keynote or lightning talks can be directly announced
to commence right afterwards, so that it should be easy to get both
of those into a regular slot.

> I don't know if there is a particular reason for this. What is the plan
> for the Job Fair and the Birthday party? Madduck, why do you think they
> would conflict?

Well, since we want to ensure that as many people as possible would
feel motivated to stop by the job fair, I think our sponsors would
probably wonder if we decided to put up a party as a competing
event.

Otoh, some people will already be going home on Sunday.

Those two combined make me feel like Saturday afternoon is the
better time for the job fair. Saturday and Sunday morning are then
used for the main events, and Saturday afternoon could have a few
newbie-oriented workshops.

> A more judicious option: Birthday party + C&W party the same day.

Possible, but that would be a bit sad too.

> Another (more realistic?) option: Official scheduled parties every
> night.

Who's going to organise them? Where does the budget come from?

> Yes, brunch could be fine on those days. Has the hostel specified
> a time for that? We need to decide on this.

No time from the hostel, we get to shape that with them, but I'd say
10:30–12:30 might be a good time?

Thanks for all your hard work!

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`