Re: [Debconf-team] DebCamp and DebConf dates

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@cateee.net> wrote:
> Could we setup the dates of DebCamp and DebConf, including sponsored days, and talks days?
> I prepared a proposal:

Thanks for this. Some personal comments.

> Sat  8 Aug: Early arrivals (Setup, DebCamp) starting 17:00
> Sun  9 Aug: DebCamp Day 1

I'd make both of these "setup days". Only setup volunteers/orga should
arrive during the weekend.

> Mon 10 Aug: DebCamp Day 2

So, this would be DebCamp Day 1.

> Fri 14 Aug: DebCamp Day 6, early arrival for DebConf sponsored people without DebCamp plan

I'd actually call this "arrival day" more than "early arrival"

> Sat 15 Aug: Open Weekend, DebConf Day 1 (talks starts on the afternoon)

I disagree, talks should start in the morning.  We want to have the
weekend packed with talks.

> Sun 23 Aug: Clean-up and Departure Day, last day for sponsored people. Room should be free by 10:00, venue by 14:00.

This is correct, but be careful with "last day for sponsored people",
this might lead to people getting confused and thinking that they can
stay on Sunday night.

> From budget, and past experiences, arrival days will be Friday and Saturday.

Yes, there are 200 beds reserved on Friday because of this.

> Should we start talks on Saturday late afternoon (plenaries: Welcome and one/two additional) or as usual, Sunday morning? Or on Monday? Is open weekend a parallel sessions for public (parallel to DebConf?)

Talks on the first Saturday should start in the morning (10 am).  The
Open Weekend talks are open to the public but are normal DebConf
talks.  There might also be other events that are more interesting to
the public than to DDs (like a packaging tutorial), but the main
content will still be the normal talks.

> Is last Saturday still a talk day? a full talk day?

For several reasons we will probably want to close earlier (around
17pm or so).  Some reasons are: starting the cleanup on Saturday,
people leaving for FrOsCon (a conference that takes place on Saturday
and Sunday also in Germany), general exhaustion.

--
Regards,
Marga