Re: [Debconf-team] Food [Re: Registration questions]

also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@cateee.net> [2015-02-07 10:28 +0100]:
> I think we need to address it as proposed by Gaudenz: we should
> really discuss the issues with the cooks and find with them a good
> solution, possibly starting with Micah solution.

We are going to meet with them this week to discuss the strategy.

> Note: I think venue or us should provide some snacks. (maybe also
> hotdogs, curry wurst, etc., like we had in DC13). This could
> provide meat when we don’t provide it (at extra cost) and BTW it
> don’t create food/meat waste.

There will be a bistro serving drinks and snacks, open until late.
I assume it'll be very similar to the bar at DC13, except not
operated by us (though we get to influence the selection).

> BTW I think it is part of DebConf also to provide local taste. It
> would be pity to remain two weeks in HD and not having some
> typical German food.

I think that should be left to trips into town to restaurants with
traditional menus. Cooking up specialities as you suggest might be
possible at the venue, but it'd probably be far less authentic.

> So, in the next meeting we should start discussing it, and then
> negotiate with venue.

No matter how much and how long we discuss, we'll be bound by what
the venue is able to offer, and while they're flexible, they aren't
waiting for us to tell them what to do. So let's first find out what
they can and are willing to do, especially given the input of this
discussion. And then we see what's left to discuss, ok?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16: Cape Town or Montreal? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16