Re: [Debconf-team] Food [Re: Registration questions]

> On 07 Feb 2015, at 05:36, Tassia Camoes Araujo <tassia@acaia.ca> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 01:13:00PM -0500, micah anderson wrote:
>>
>> So, yes, I think the framing problem is important here, but the real
>> problem is that the negotiations with food providers should be
>> approached from a different perspective. Asking them to provide gluten
>> friendly, ovo-lacto vegetarian food (and this does need to be clarified,
>> because many countries think that chicken and/or fish is vegetarian) as
>> the primary base, enough to feed *everyone*, with a meat/fish option to
>> add to it if you prefer, is going to fix the fundamental problem.
>>
> Could anyone point a flaw to Micah's perspective?
>
> I can't find a better way to adress this problem. Simple and inclusive.

I think it could works for most of the meals. Note. not really an add-on, but a partial substitute (we don’t want to overfeed carnivores / not giving enough proteins to the veg*). In any way, I think we need to address it as proposed by Gaudenz: we should really discuss the issues with the cooks and find with them a good solution, possibly starting with Micah solution.

Note: I think venue or us should provide some snacks. (maybe also hotdogs, curry wurst, etc., like we had in DC13). This could provide meat when we don’t provide it (at extra cost) and BTW it don’t create food/meat waste.

BTW I think it is part of DebConf also to provide local taste. It would be pity to remain two weeks in HD and not having some typical German food. So possibly on some meals (with meat (speak) used deeply in preparation) we should use classical methods.

So, in the next meeting we should start discussing it, and then negotiate with venue.

ciao
     cate