Re: [Debconf-team] LWN coverage of DebConf15

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Martín Ferrari <tincho@debian.org> wrote:
> By initiative of Paul Wise, recently there has been some talks about
> inviting a LWN journalist to cover DebConf15, by offering travel and
> board sponsoring.

We discussed this briefly on the IRC meeting tonight.  The general
feeling is that we would like to do this, as we expect positive things
from LWN covering DebConf and having closer collaboration with them.

> Does this seem like a good idea to the wider orga team? If so, I would
> then defer this to bursaries and budget team to study the costs and
> feasibility.

Bursaries would prefer not to handle this, and rather have a separate
budget for it.

Before we agree to this, though, we would like to know what the cost
would be. The closest to Germany that the journalist is coming from,
the cheaper it's going to be for us to sponsor them, so it'd make
sense for them to come from a closer country.  If they are coming from
the US (as has been suggested) we probably will want to do partial
sponsoring of the ticket, capped at a certain (still undecided)
number.

All that said, someone will need to handle contacting them and asking
this kind of questions. Tincho, are you going to keep being their
contact or will someone else be?

--
Regards,
Marga