Re: [Debconf-team] LWN coverage of DebConf15

Margarita Manterola dijo [Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 10:16:34PM +0100]:
> (...)
> Before we agree to this, though, we would like to know what the cost
> would be. The closest to Germany that the journalist is coming from,
> the cheaper it's going to be for us to sponsor them, so it'd make
> sense for them to come from a closer country.  If they are coming from
> the US (as has been suggested) we probably will want to do partial
> sponsoring of the ticket, capped at a certain (still undecided)
> number.

Right. I am replying to this mostly because of my other, very
enthusiastic mail. I supposed there would be an Europe-based LWN
member to cover DebConf; if the person has to fly from the
USA... Well, I'd still love to have them on, but it might be too high
a price to pay (this is, it would mean having them in instead of at
least two flight-food-and-accom-sponsored people from Europe).