Re: [Debconf-team] Question to the Montreal team: facilities, security and food

Hi Pollo,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 01:14:18PM -0500, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:

> Do you mean without hacklabs during Debconf, or these 3 rooms + the hacklabs during Debconf?
>
> If you meant the latter, this means we would not have to rent the Club Lounge and Room B-30. From the prices I got, venue price would be 13 200 CAD +
> security (instead of 16 000CAD + security). Security prices can vary a lot depending on what we want. Our wiki page is clear on this.

Following up my question during the meeting, I've prepared the following list of rooms x days:

DebCamp + DebConf (14 days):
Club lounge + room 302 (hacklabs) = 500 x 14 = 7000
Green room (server room) 200 x 14 = 2800

Only for DebConf (7 days):
Ballroom (main talk room) 1000 x 7 = 7000
Madeleine Parent + Lev Bukhman (seconf talk room) 650 x 7 = 4550
Blue room (small meetings/BoF) 200 x 7 = 1400

Total: 22750 CAD

(We might still add some amount for CW and conference dinner... did you think of possible locations?)

Please double check I got the right numbers, and discuss with the team if you agree this is a good plan.
Then, if all is good would you mind updating the wiki?

I saw you were not considering the green and blue room, but I think they would be useful as small meeting room and server room.
http://ssmu.mcgill.ca/events/booking-timing/blue-room/

Regarding the security prices, I think the table in the wiki is a bit confusing, I'd rather have rental and security numbers separated.
Also, IMHO the setup "7AM to 6PM" is not good for us, neither is Mon-Fri ;-)
So I suggest you to focus on 2 quotations only:

(1) 24h for the 14 days; or
(2) 24h for 7 days (DebConf) + "7AM to midnight" for 7 days (DebCamp).

This can be fine tunned later, it would be just to help us have an idea.

> I do think that The Nest would be able to do so. The people I met at SSMU implied so. Still, I think it would be a good idea to get quotes from the 3.
> For the Midnight Kitchen, I agree 2016 might be a bit far for them. I would like to see with them if we meet their social contract though.

Well, I said that based on their kitchen size and on their regular services. But maybe they are used to cater to big events, I don't know. In anyways, you should definitely contact them directly, as well as the other 2 restaurants. IMHO they 3 make a nice combination together, people would have more choices and the service would run more smoothly.

Good luck!

Tassia.