Re: [Debconf-team] Questions about DebConf bids

Hi Stefano,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 08:30:38PM +0200, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> Cate asked:
> > Late arrival: do the accommodation (for venues) allow very late arrivals?

> So, for Cape Town:

> We haven't figured out all the details of registration, yet. But there
> should be no difficulty with this. We'll be the only people using the
> residence hall that we're accommodating attendees in.

> However, not many international flights arrive in the evening, they
> usually arrive in the morning.

"Not many" is not "none".  I was recently looking at itineraries from
Portland to Cape Town for a work trip, and one of the options had me
arriving at 10pm from Amsterdam.  The important thing is whether we could
accomodate late check-ins or not, not whether late check-ins would represent
a large percentage of total arrivals.

> > Are children (with parents) welcome in the venue?

> Yes! And there is on-campus child care, too.

Will that child care be available for short-term visitors, and outside of
regular school term?  (That was a problem we ran into with trying to
facilitate child care for DC14.)

Thanks,