Re: [Debconf-team] Using the BTS as a summit issue tracker

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@zhevny.com> wrote:

> I propose we use a psuedo-package in the BTS for summit isues. The BTS
> already exists and is a central piece of Debian culture, so it seems to
> me it would be a good fit.

I would prefer if we had an actual package, but a pseudo one will do
fine for now.

> Martin attempted to start a discussion[1] about a general solution for
> all of DebConf to replace rt. But, it didn't progress, yet. If there are
> suggestions for a general solution, please respond to that thread.

I still don't think that scales, especially for sponsorship.

> I propose to wait 1 week for discussion. If there is consensus that this
> is a good idea I'll take the action item to request the psuedo-package
> from the BTS admins, pointing to this thread as rationale and evidence
> of team support. If there is no response or significant disagreement, I
> suggest it be added to the 2015-02-02 meeting agenda.

With my infra team lead hat on, I would say we don't even need to wait
a full week. As you say, this should not be very controversial and I
would want to move sooner rather than later.

Thanks for picking this up again,
Richard