[Debconf-team] Using the BTS as a summit issue tracker

I propose we use a psuedo-package in the BTS for summit isues. The BTS
already exists and is a central piece of Debian culture, so it seems to
me it would be a good fit.

I find it confusing and difficult to use the wiki[0] to track bugs and
development requests for summit. Determining who made a particular
request in order to contact them for more information is cumbersome, at
best. It's also non-optimal for tracking discussion of a given issue.
For development requests, it's not clear if something is just a random
idea or annoyance someone had in a particular moment or something that a
given subteam has discussed, reached consensus about and signed off on.
For these reasons and more, I think we need a real ticketing system for
Summit.

Martin attempted to start a discussion[1] about a general solution for
all of DebConf to replace rt. But, it didn't progress, yet. If there are
suggestions for a general solution, please respond to that thread.

I've discussed the BTS idea with a number of people on irc several
times. I don't recall opposition and there were a number of people
positive about the idea. I don't recall anyone wanting to try to use rt
for this. I do recall several people definitely _not_ wanting to use the
alioth tracker. Probably not everyone who might care was present at
those times and my memory is definitely fallible. So, please, discuss.

I propose to wait 1 week for discussion. If there is consensus that this
is a good idea I'll take the action item to request the psuedo-package
from the BTS admins, pointing to this thread as rationale and evidence
of team support. If there is no response or significant disagreement, I
suggest it be added to the 2015-02-02 meeting agenda.

Thanks for reading,
edrz

[0] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Summit#TODO
[1] http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20141216.211326.9c02fa68.en.html