Re: [Debconf-team] Food costs for externals (was: DC15 - Prices and deals for non-sponsored attendees)

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> [2015-01-20 23:16 +0100]:
> I don't think we need people to do that but should work harder to
> attract more funds and let more people be integrated properly into
> the conference.

Put differently: at least for such all-in-one-place conferences, we
should always send the message that we would like to have as many
people stay on-site as possible. This includes corporates for whom
we'd like to find solutions such as single rooms, but also everyone
else, such that noone ever feels like they ought to couch-surf to
not be a burden. It would lessen their (and other people's) conf
experience, unless they have another reason to couch-surf. None of
this applies to campers, of course, but there won't be any at DC15,
I assume…

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org