Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsored lanyards, a proposal

martin f krafft dijo [Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 11:05:26AM +0100]:
> > The amount of money needed to have the logo printed.
> > We are selling the space in lanyards for nothing.
>
> Not true. We are trying to figure out what the right price will be.
>
> > I'm pushing to have again the Debian lanyards, like the old one
> > which we reused many time, for many conferences and other events.
>
> Will you be in charge of the logistics? How do you assure that we
> can print matching lanyards in the future, when we don't have enough
> for the next conference?

Lanyards were never a necessity for the long years we used clip-on or
safety-pin nametags. Or when we were in Managua, lanyards were just
pieces of string. Having printed lanyards is not necessary at all IMO,
and I would also not be happy by having them as one more branded item
stuck to my body, prominently advertising a sponsor in all photos and
that.

FWIW, that could also bring back the discussion that died away (but
never got really resolved) about how to identify people for/against
being photographed.

> > Lower cost, big impacts for Debian and attendees. With DC15
> > proposal, for really nothing we have throw away lanyards.
>
> People collect them.

s/P/Some p/

While some other people just throw them away.

If nametags will be in the €400 price range, I'd strongly go the
Managua way. €400 is within the price range the cost for a person's
attendance costs, which is surely more valuable. Of course, it's a
sponsorship opportunity, but a very obnoxious one IMO.

But, as Tiago said, I will only state this once and shut up.