Re: [Debconf-team] Job Fair

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2014-11-21 10:10 +0100]:
> 1) I think it should happen during one of the two afternoons of
>    the Open Weekend. I'm uncertain between Saturday or Sunday, but
>    I'm slightly inclined towards Saturday. Regarding length,
>    I would go with something like 3 to 4 hours, with at least
>    1 hour with no talks scheduled at the same time (e.g. the
>    coffee break could be this hour)

Depending on space and demand, we can also have two fairs with
different sets of sponsors. Afternoon for 3–4 hours on the weekend
sounds good to me.

> 2) We don't know in which room/space we will have it, it will
>    depend a on the amount of sponsors that are interested, we
>    probably will need to set a deadline for participating in the
>    Job Fair so that we have the exact list of sponsors.

We also have a number of smaller rooms we could offer.

I'll get a floor plan so that we can start planning this.

> What we had discussed was to give each sponsor one table (everyone
> gets the same size of table), where they can put their material,
> and some chairs for the people, but no proper "booths", this would
> be similar to the tables offered to communities at FOSDEM.

I'd also consider standing tables which provide a more relaxed
atmosphere. There's more of a barrier to walking up to a table and
sitting down than just walking up to…

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org