[Debconf-team] Job Fair

Hi all,

One of our potential sponsors has asked for more details about the Job
Fair, I gave them what I could based on what we had talked among the
team, but still there were a lot of unanswered details, that I think
we need to figure out to tell this and other sponsors.

The main questions, as far as I see, are:
1) When is it going to happen? How long will it be?
2) Where will it be? How will the space look?
3) What will the sponsors be allowed to bring?
4) How many people can the sponsors send?

I'll give my opinion on each of these, but I'm really interested in
hearing from the rest of you.  Also, if you think there's is another
important detail that we should consider, please speak up.

1) I think it should happen during one of the two afternoons of the
Open Weekend. I'm uncertain between Saturday or Sunday, but I'm
slightly inclined towards Saturday. Regarding length, I would go with
something like 3 to 4 hours, with at least 1 hour with no talks
scheduled at the same time (e.g. the coffee break could be this hour)

2) We don't know in which room/space we will have it, it will depend a
on the amount of sponsors that are interested, we probably will need
to set a deadline for participating in the Job Fair so that we have
the exact list of sponsors. What we had discussed was to give each
sponsor one table (everyone gets the same size of table), where they
can put their material, and some chairs for the people, but no proper
"booths", this would be similar to the tables offered to communities
at FOSDEM.

3) They are allowed to bring a roll-up banner, and maybe something to
decorate their table, material regarding their company and their job
offers, plus swag (I guess, this is not controversial is it?).

4) The amount of people also depends a lot on the size of the room,
but I'd say 2 or 3 people (i.e up to 3 chairs per table)

Please share any thoughts, concerns, ideas, etc.

--
Besos,
Marga