Re: [Debconf-team] Potential hardware loan from BelWue

Hi,

On Fri Nov 21, 2014 at 00:05:31 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> BelWue asked me if we needed to loan switches, namely:
>
>   8 x HP 2824
>   4 x WS-c2950SX-24 (*)
>   2 x WS-c2950G-24-EI
>   2 x WS-c2950G-48-EI
>
> They may not be the newest, but for our purposes, they should do.
>
> zobel & me already investigated buying switches (which could be
> re-used for Debian/DebConf) but this may be the better option.

all of them are at least 24p switches. From the past DebConfs i attend i
know that never more than 8-10 ports of such a switch has been used.

Richard, sorry to curb your euphoria, but i think those switches are way
too big for our needs. If they can give us 16p switches, i am okay with
that.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster