Re: [Debconf-team] registration metadata

> On Montag, 14. April 2014, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> This field is part of the penta schema primarily for use in roommate
>> assignments, which are done based on sex, not gender.

IMHO there is no sense in making room allocation based on sex instead
of gender. I don't see why we need to know anyone's sex (the
biological attribute).

On top of that, at least from my experience in sharing rooms at
Debconfs, we actually do it based on gender. Maybe what happens is
that, in the lack of a "gender" field, people use "sex" to inform
about their gender identity.

> I consider this a bug, but I'm tired of "arguing" here.

+ 1
I totally agree that it is a bug and we should fix it.

Tassia.