Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf14 network construction

On 13539 March 1977, Kees Cook wrote:

> - who will be running network infrastructure (e.g. dhcp, dns, mirrors, etc)

The DebConf Admins, which for a running conf is a mix of the global
admins plus any "local" admin. Where local admin is a set of people that
includes people from past DebConfs who we haven't taken the rights from
and a number you tell me that get the rights then.

It's usually setup that the machines get connected to DebConfs ud-ldap
for the user accounts, and group adm (global) and admin (local) get sudo
to root. That ud-ldap connection needs a global admin, but its easy and
fast to do.

You then run as many machines locally as your conf needs. That usually
includes dhcp/dns/firewall/mirror/mx/build hosts/whateverneccessary, and
you get a dcXY.debconf.org delegated to you.

> - who will be running video

The video team in coordination with the admins.

> We're likely going to have ethernet ports for our use, but we'll probably
> be on our own for the conference-area wifi itself, network switches, etc.
> I've been told we should have an unfiltered public v4 /16 for our use,
> but I'm still getting the specific details.

Sounds good.

--
bye, Joerg
[GPG Keysigning stuff]