Re: [Debconf-team] two more, rather restricted, repos to limit exposure of historic private data (was Re: Why the secrecy (was: Request to Join Project DebConf private repository)

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 03:19:55PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> (taking this from the dc15 list to here...)

> On Montag, 7. April 2014, Philipp Kaluza wrote:
> > including a link to a git repository. However,
> > Am 07.04.2014 22:17, schrieb noreply@alioth.debian.org:
> > > Your request to join the DebConf private repository project was denied by
> > > an administrator.

> the "secrecy" is not about the constitution of the to be founded german
> debconf association, but about other contents in that repository, which makes
> me ask here what I have been wondering the last days already:

> now that we have a zillion^w30 new git repositories, we still only have 3
> alioth repos (-private, -data and -video), so everybody who gets access to the
> debconf-private project on alioth has access to all past debconf private
> repos, correct?

> Thats rather unfortunate.

The current division of DebConf project data is very simple and logical: one
project for private data that should not be shared with the world, and one
project for data that should be shared publically (available anonymously
from anonscm.debian.org).[1]

This is the correct model.  We should not be putting up barriers to team
members getting access to the data, including historical data.  The idea
that private data from past DebConfs needs to be hidden from current local
team members is absurd; we already do a poor enough job of carrying best
practices from year to year, without making it harder to get at the data
from past years.

[1] Plus debconf-video; I don't know why it's a separate team in alioth