Re: [Debconf-team] two more, rather restricted, repos to limit exposure of historic private data (was Re: Why the secrecy (was: Request to Join Project DebConf private repository)

also sprach Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> [2014-04-08 15:19 +0200]:
> My idea would be to create two more alioth projects: debconf-historic-data and
> debconf-previous-data (or similar names), the first should collect all
> previous DebConf repositories and should only be accessable by long term core
> debconf-team members (committee??), while the previous-data project should
> currently probable be open to dc13+14+15 team members.

Do we even need alioth? A gitolite installation would make this even
easier and we could have groups for each year.

Moray convinced me not to split the dc-team repo because the
historic data is what current and future organisers should learn
from. I don't agree, at least not while we don't have e.g. budgeting
standards.

I do like your idea of historic projects, but it would require
rewriting of history of dc-team's repo every time we move data out.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team