[Debconf-team] daytrip + budget (Re: Updated budget for DC14)

Hi,

from a budget point of view, the daytrip can easily be made in a way that it
doesnt cost the organizers any (additional) money. We've paid bus fares
ourselves (as attendees) in the past and can do that again and then we just go
to some nice place in the countryside and have a picknick there, and voila,
splendid daytip with awesome memories - without a budget, except for food,
which we would have to pay anyway.

(I'm all for having the conf pay the full daytrip but if thats not possible,
it's not possible.)

Others have already explained why+how the daytrip is tremendously useful, I
wont go much into this here, I just want to state that from a videoteam point
of view it's really nice to have a day off and be able to talk with and not to
people :-)

cheers,
	Holger, who skipped more day trips than he would have liked, but that was
		either due to having to work on video stuff or having to sleep and
		the daytrip left at 7AM or so...