Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf subteams list

On 16/10/14 20:42, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

>> There has not been much discussion on this, so I guess most people
>> thinks this is a good idea?
>
> I do. One of the issues that lead to not so much discussion here is
> that the role of the DebConf committee has not been too clear, or has
> been too limited. Assembling a Team of Elders just to help the vote
> for the next venue decision is maybe too much.

Sorry I did not make that more clear. I was referring to the whole teams
proposal in that comment.

> Yes, of course, it's a hard decision, and one that has led in the past
> to quite a bit of discussion and demotivation (mainly if we count the
> demotivation of the teams that do not get picked, of course), but I
> would surely want to have the Committee play a more active role
> throughout the year.

Now, regarding the committee, I personally agree that the committee
could have a more active role. Maybe we can discuss what would be the
best use for it. For example, helping bids prepare for the decision.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)