Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf subteams list

Martín Ferrari dijo [Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 05:39:59PM +0100]:
> > - In the slightly longer term, should we make subteam leads
> > automatically/ex-officio become members of the DebConf Committee, for
> > venue decisions etc.?
>
> I think so. Adding some external people, as Lucas pointed out, seems
> like a good idea too.
>

> There has not been much discussion on this, so I guess most people
> thinks this is a good idea?

I do. One of the issues that lead to not so much discussion here is
that the role of the DebConf committee has not been too clear, or has
been too limited. Assembling a Team of Elders just to help the vote
for the next venue decision is maybe too much.

Yes, of course, it's a hard decision, and one that has led in the past
to quite a bit of discussion and demotivation (mainly if we count the
demotivation of the teams that do not get picked, of course), but I
would surely want to have the Committee play a more active role
throughout the year.