Re: [Debconf-team] Opening Weekend Ideas Wiki

On 20/09/14 18:06, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Hi Jathan,
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 7:49 PM, jathan <jathanblackred@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>> Hello. I have opened a wiki for DebConf15 Opening Weekend Ideas for
>> suggest and organise activities with some initial proposals that I think
>> could be good.
>> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/Germany/OpeningWeekendIdeas
>
> Thanks for your ideas.
>
> I'd like you to keep in mind a couple of things.  The first is that we
> don't decide the talks that will be presented.  The talks will be
> submitted by potential speakers, and selected by the talks team, it's
> not up to us to decide what they will be.
>
> The second is that it's not the goal of the Opening Weekend to be an
> event that is only interesting to people that are newcomers, but
> rather, to make it interesting for everybody by selecting from the
> submitted talks those that we consider will be the most interesting.
>
> If you'd like to coordinate a "newbie" track, then that would mean
> finding the right space and the right time for that, but it shouldn't
> be the only thing happening during the Opening Weekend.

Hello Margarita. Thanks for your remarks :) I have noted always that
there are a processes with the appropriate teams to define activities in
Debian. I just thought that these could be an initial proposals by the
moment, and of course this might appear that I did not thought in the
context for everybody besides newcomers and general audience out of
Debian. Sorry for the distraction ;) Sounds great to create a newbie
track. I will participate in its coordination then or coordinate at all,
and as you say, it should not be the only thing happening during the
Opening Weekend Activities. In an opportunity I will modify the
OpeningWeekendIdeas wiki entrance presentation text. Have a nice day and
thank you.

--
Por favor evita enviarme adjuntos en formato de word o powerpoint, si
quieres saber porque lee esto: