Re: [Debconf-team] Volunteer to design DC14 thank you ad?

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 12:53:08PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 00:41 -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:

> > Sounds like we are approaching consensus. If there are no further
> > changes I will forward this onto our contacts at our media sponsors
> > next week. (Perhaps as early as Monday.) Please speak up if you feel
> > it won't be ready on Monday.

> It appears my mail didn't make it to the debconf-team list, so I'm
> repeating it here with everyone in CC (apologies for that).

> Can we s/sponsors/volunteers and sponsors/ ?

As much as we fully appreciate our volunteers, the purpose of the ad is to
thank our sponsors. We thanked our volunteers pretty effectively (I thought)
at the conference itself.

I'd rather keep it as just "sponsors" to keep it from being too wordy. There
are LOTS  of people we *could* thank (and properly so), such as PSU, Mark
from Summer Housing, the venue staff for their quick and efficient responses
to our on-the-ground issues, the local team for giving up many evenings
leading up to the conference to ensure we had everything we needed, HP for
going above and beyond their sponsorship tier and printing EVERYTHING for
us, etc etc etc.

Let's just leave it at "sponsors". That's what this ad is for. :)

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net | harmoney@debian.org

At times, you may end up far away from home;
you may not be sure of where you belong anymore.
But home is always there...  because home is not a place.
It's wherever your passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski