Re: [Debconf-team] Volunteer to design DC14 thank you ad?

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 02:14:14AM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:30 PM, Richard Hartmann
> <richih.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> See: http://debconf14.debconf.org/become-sponsor.xhtml

> >> Silver (1x and 1 color), Gold (2x) and Platinum (4x).   In attachment
> >> the map align.

> > Makes sense!

> >> I suggest simplifying the color of Silver sponsors to avoid visual confusion.

> > Not so sure about that... With my FOSDEM hat on, I have seen sponsors
> > react very badly when they perceive to be "cheated" out of what they
> > paid for...

Agreed - we most certainly don't want to offend any of our silver sponsors
just because they didn't give us as much money as our gold and platinum.
Please don't show favoritism in this regard.

> >> Accept suggestions for photos or composition of the thank you message.

> Thanks for working on this!! Overall feedback, is that the ad is
> attractive, but I really do think it needs to fulfil the purpose of
> "thanking the sponsors".

> I think the visual separation using color vs B&W is *probably* fine,
> if that's the best way to make it clear.

I disagree. We need to keep the colors for all sponsors together.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net | harmoney@debian.org

At times, you may end up far away from home;
you may not be sure of where you belong anymore.
But home is always there...  because home is not a place.
It's wherever your passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski