Re: [Debconf-team] Separating Speakers and hiding Participants/Attendees in Summit

also sprach Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2014-09-02 22:37 -0700]:
> I also don't see the social value in knowing in advance who's going to be in
> the sessions you've said you're going to be in.  Surely, if they're sessions
> that you've registered interest in yourself, you'll find that out when you
> arrive?

+1.

The only benefit of knowing in advance is scheduling. And we can and
should let people know that this is their only chance of influencing
the schedule, which shall hopefully improve the data.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"i like .net for the same reason i like gentoo. it keeps all the
 people with no clue from writing c code, which is much harder for me
 to identify and eliminate from my systems. in the same way that
 gentoo gives those people a place to be that isn't in debian"
                                                    -- andrew suffield