Re: [Debconf-team] [shc@pdx.edu: SHC: Check-in information]

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 05:49:12PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi all,

> PSU has started sending out notifications to folks about check-in procedures
> for DebConf.  Here's a copy of the mail they're sending, I think the team
> wants to be aware of what's sent as I'm sure there'll be questions.

> Note that people are receiving this even if they are just registered for
> food and not for accommodation.  The check-in procedure for these people is
> the same to get their meal passes, even if they are not staying on campus.

> I have not given PSU a list of those attendees who are registered and are
> neither staying in the dorms nor registered for food.  I need to check, but
> I suspect we will want to give them this so that these people can get access
> to the night hack lab.

> I have no idea why they are recommending that people bring jump drives. ;-)

Also, it appears they are recommending people bring fans. We have already
been told that as part of our housing deal, they will be providing fans for
the rooms. We'll confirm, and hope to announce that it's unnecessary to
bring fans - but just in case people actually read the mail... :)

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net | harmoney@debian.org

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski