[Debconf-team] [shc@pdx.edu: SHC: Check-in information]

Hi all,

PSU has started sending out notifications to folks about check-in procedures
for DebConf.  Here's a copy of the mail they're sending, I think the team
wants to be aware of what's sent as I'm sure there'll be questions.

Note that people are receiving this even if they are just registered for
food and not for accommodation.  The check-in procedure for these people is
the same to get their meal passes, even if they are not staying on campus.

I have not given PSU a list of those attendees who are registered and are
neither staying in the dorms nor registered for food.  I need to check, but
I suspect we will want to give them this so that these people can get access
to the night hack lab.

I have no idea why they are recommending that people bring jump drives. ;-)

Thanks,
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

We are excited to have you stay with us. The following address is where you will Check-in:

Broadway Building
Suite 210
1977 SW 6th Avenue, Portland, OR
(on the corner of SW 6th and Jackson)
Phone: 503.725.4336

Please enter via the east side entrance (i.e. 6th Avenue entrance) of the building.

Please go to this link for the campus map that will help you get to this building.

What else you need to do:
1. Let us know when you are planning to arrive on campus.
 Check-in begins at 2:00pm daily. If you room is ready, you can check in earlier.
  Please call and see if your room will be ready early. Rooms will not be ready prior to June 19.
2. If you are planning to arrive after 10:00pm, you must let us know in advance by responding to this e-mail. We want to make sure we notify staff of your arrival.

Items to bring
  • Clothing for variety of weather–wet, cold, or warm
  • Backpack
  • Alarm clock
  • Small electric fan, rooms are not air conditioned
  • Surge protector/outlet strip if bringing a laptop
  • Jump drive/memory stick
  • Toiletries

Items to leave at home

  • Illegal drugs or paraphernalia
  • Weapons (including but not limited to martial arts weapons, BB guns, air guns, paint guns, and firearms), knives, ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or other dangerous items
  • Pets, including hamsters, birds, rabbits, snakes
  • Incense, candles, or other flammables
  • Valuables or lots of cash
If you have changed your plans and need to cancel your reservation, please reply to this e-mail and let us know at least seven days prior to your check in date.

If you will be driving down we have three parking structures, with parking permits priced at $12 per piece for a day and $55 for a weekly permit. These can be purchased at check-in.

For additional information please do call us at 503-725-4336

Summer Housing & Conferencing
Attn: Mark Brinkmann
Portland State University
Tel 503.725.4336