Re: [Debconf-team] Posters from sponsors?

On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 12:40:41PM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I've been asked by another guy at ARM about putting up a poster for
>> ARM. We're sponsors, and he's planning to be announcing something in
>> my ARM talk on August 29. Any issues with that? Guidelines on what's
>> possible / reasonable please?
>
>My sense is that since one of the higher level (gold and platinum)
>perks [1] are:
>1) Logo on banner in conference lobby
>2) Logo on banner behind talk podiums
>
>Posters next to those banners, might kind of dilute the banner perks,
>since for a fraction of the costs of a Gold/platinum sponsorship, a lower
>tier sponsor could get much more relative exposure by putting up posters/
>ads. IE: I am generally not in favor but could see allowing it in certain cases
>for the highest levels of sponsorship.

:-( That's quite disappointing, I'll be honest. The poster is to help
publicise a Debian-targeted announcement from ARM in that "State of
the ARM" talk...

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer