Re: [Debconf-team] Posters from sponsors?

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been asked by another guy at ARM about putting up a poster for
> ARM. We're sponsors, and he's planning to be announcing something in
> my ARM talk on August 29. Any issues with that? Guidelines on what's
> possible / reasonable please?

My sense is that since one of the higher level (gold and platinum)
perks [1] are:
1) Logo on banner in conference lobby
2) Logo on banner behind talk podiums

Posters next to those banners, might kind of dilute the banner perks,
since for a fraction of the costs of a Gold/platinum sponsorship, a lower
tier sponsor could get much more relative exposure by putting up posters/
ads. IE: I am generally not in favor but could see allowing it in certain cases
for the highest levels of sponsorship.

-Brian

[1] - http://media.debconf.org/dc14/sponsors/DebConf14_SponsoringBrochure.pdf