Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:08:49 -0700
From: ***@***.***
To: registration@debconf.org
Subject: attendance by a non-dev?

Hi,

I'm not a Debian developer, but I'm about 2.5 years into my GNU/Linux
odyssey, now working on meta issues, working to help developers and
valuable projects like Debian

I happen to live in Portland and am interested in attending at least some
of DebConf to (A) network with folks (B) see what it's all about (C) find
out ways that I can get involved and learn more although I'm not really a
programmer, etc.

I made an Alioth account, but trying to sign in through SSO with that
brought an error. Should I even worry about registration? If I pack my own
lunch and just show up, is that ok? Or can I register another way? Also,
any way to get a sense of the most appropriate ways for me to participate?

----- End forwarded message -----

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski