Re: [Debconf-team] Website to watch streaming of the DebConf14

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 11:25:36PM -0400, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> > I'm thinking of using similar tools (cortado[4], html+css, html5
> > tag<video>) similar code of the previous editions, however, in place
> > of IRC webchat.oftc, wanting to try the scrollback[5], being a free
> > tool which integrates with social networking and IRC.

> > Also is open to other suggestions and collaborations. Bring the
> > contents of transmission DebConf14 a larger number of developers and
> > contributors.

> Could you take a look at http://timvideos.us/ ? We're running video for
> a conference right now, so you can see real things going on. You can
> find the source in https://github.com/timvideos. You may want to hack
> this one and have it integrated to other tools of your preference.
> Anyway, you're also free to use other stuff as you did great for past
> DCs. You can talk to me directly if you need quick responses in pt_BR,
> I'm becoming quite involved with video team from next days so I may be
> useful on this.

It's probably worth mentioning that Summit, which we're using this year, has
built-in support for linking IRC channels and video in-line in the page for
each session.  If there are tools other than those currently in place which
you would like us to use, perhaps you can do that integration in Summit, so
we don't accidentally end up with multiple pages with different IRC/video
views?

  https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Summit

Cheers,