Re: [Debconf-team] Possible talks slots with the chosen schedule

Hi again,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:34:00PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> You will see that the next event doesn't start until 15 minutes
> later, so this is accounted for.

> Sure, remove the evening talk slots if it makes you happy. But you
> cannot move them to right after brunch where there's a short break
> until 13:30 "to make the timetable more regular".

The way you have put the times in your proposal tricked me since
visually you tend to interpret every row as the same time (1h).

I have no proposals but the current timetable is going to be hard
to remember.

> Also, Steve said there should be not too many talks on Saturday
> afternoon after the opening.

I'm fine with that.

> So if you don't want evening talk slots, just don't schedule
> anything there (but leave it up to people to schedule bofs etc!).

Nope. The time to schedule bofs and so on that haven't been previously
scheduled as official is already defined in the schedule in the "ad-hoc"
slots. This gives a chance for videoteam to record them if they want to.
And as you say:

> Our goal should not be to maximise the number of talks, but their
> quality.

And we couldn't agree more on this.

> Also, please don't have DC15/DC16 presentations after the closing.
> I don't even think they need to happen on the last day. DC16 yes,
> but DC15 can happen any time. But not after the closing.

You said you'd like this presentations to be at some moment we only have
one room, so I put all of them the last day where we can merge all the rooms
on one. I don't think we want to do this more a couple of times
during the conference.

I have decided I'm not going to volunteer for scheduling. I hope somebody
else can give you feedback and good luck to whoever does the scheduling =)