Re: [Debconf-team] Getting the network running

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Kees Cook <kees@debian.org> wrote:
>> All devices were flashed with OpenWRT. This is quite practical for two
>> reasons (beside the fact that its Free Software ;-)):
>> - It's easier to deploy identical configuraitons as you can copy around
>>   configuration files and don't have to click through a web interface.
>> - You can configure different VLANs and trunk ports on the built in
>>   Switch of the APs. Most consumer grade APs are not VLAN capable.
>
> Yeah, my plan was for OpenWRT too. However, we'll defer to what's possible
> with our equipment. :)

While it's not strictly needed, renting equipment that supports an
Access Controller can reduce management effort a _lot_, especially in
case of unexpected breakage in an area, etc.

If the bugdet allows for this, it should probably be considered.

DC13 rented equipment from a company that's near to CCC so we got a discount.

Richard

--
Richard