Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsorship for GSoC students attending DebConf

Hi,

* Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> [2014-05-12 09:13:34 -0700]:

> On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 02:50:20PM +0200, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks for reaching out to us - our sponsorship application deadline is
> quickly approaching (15 May), so please have those students register for
> DebConf14 at: https://summit.debconf.org before that deadline so we can fold
> them into our sponsorship awards. Please have them indicate in the requests
> for sponsorship questions that they are GSOC students and that Google is
> already sponsoring travel.
>
> Our bursaries team will have decisions made by the end of the month, but
> step 1 is to get all the students registered in time so they are eligible
> for sponsorship consideration.

Thanks for the quick answer. It makes perfect sense to go through the regular
sponsorship procedure considering that, this year, the GSoC and DebConf
schedules actually allow it.

I just mailed the students asking them to register on summit and fill the
sponsorship request info properly and in time. Don't hesitate to ping Sylvestre
and myself if there's any issue or doubt regarding the status of a GSoC
student.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #78:
Yes, yes, its called a design limitation