Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsorship for GSoC students attending DebConf

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 02:50:20PM +0200, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
> [Please keep Sylvestre and myself Cc'd]

> Hi folks,

> I'm contacting you, as a GSoC admin, in order to arrange for this year's
> students stay at DebConf.

Hi, Nicolas!

> As you know, each and every year we try our best to have the GSoC students
> engage with the Debian community at large, and what best opportunity is there
> than having them attend DebConf? I know for a fact that last year's attendees
> had a great (and productive) time. Furthermore, this year's edition pretty much
> coincides with the end of the GSoC schedule, which means that it comes at a
> perfect time for students to get on a stage and talk about what they have done
> for Debian during the summer!

> As was done in the past, Google has offered us to reimburse the GSoC students
> for their travel expenses to attend the conference. We therefore are looking
> for sponsorship of their food and accomodation costs only.

Thanks for reaching out to us - our sponsorship application deadline is
quickly approaching (15 May), so please have those students register for
DebConf14 at: https://summit.debconf.org before that deadline so we can fold
them into our sponsorship awards. Please have them indicate in the requests
for sponsorship questions that they are GSOC students and that Google is
already sponsoring travel.

Our bursaries team will have decisions made by the end of the month, but
step 1 is to get all the students registered in time so they are eligible
for sponsorship consideration.

Thank you so much!
Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski