Re: [Debconf-team] DC14 C&W venue status

Gerald Turner dijo [Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 05:14:28PM -0800]:
> > Yes we are, sorry for the delay — I'll get an email out to Puppet Labs
> > *now*, introduce myself, hopefully evoke memory of the conversation
> > had with Steve Langasek and work out the details.
>
> So I've been in touch with Briana de Jong, the Events Marketing Manager
> at Puppet Labs.  As Steve and Benjamin pointed out, they're quite
> willing to host us, great!

Yay \o/ (pretending I didn't read any further)

> > The laws in Oregon are pretty strict on self-serve alcohol, basically
> > they don't allow it over 1 oz.  I don't mind paying for some servers
> > to be here, but that would not allow us to have the wine with the
> > cheese unless we did some tasting cups in the 1oz portion next to the
> > cheese.  The only other option would be for us to have a bar with
> > servers behind it and they would serve all alcohol.
>
> Ugh... sorry folks, I think we're out of options for a free-flowing
> alcohol environment unless we do something drastic like bus out to the
> countryside.
>
> If we proceed with Puppet Labs, we should commit to a date.  Is Monday
> August 25th good?  I asked about Sunday, Puppet Labs isn't open on the
> weekends.

Ugh. It *could* be a good date. But a cheese (no wine) party would be
quite off-putting. And to be honest, I do not believe having servers
is very doable. Yes, if it is at all necessary and there is no way we
can host in Portland without them, we could accept it and... see what
happens. But I don't believe it would roll with our usual ways.