Re: [Debconf-team] DC14 C&W venue status

Are we not moving forward with PuppetLabs for the C&W Party? They have already offered us their space to use for a party and since it will be at no cost imho it should be our first choice.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Gerald Turner <gturner@unzane.com> wrote:
Gerald Turner <gturner@unzane.com> writes:
> Vagrant dropped me a mail suggesting the Eliot Center¹, expressing
> that it had a nice courtyard reminiscent of C&W parties and plenty of
> space.  I'm pursuing this option.
>
> ¹ http://www.firstunitarianportland.org/our-church/facilities-rentals

Conversation with Holli at Eliot Center went really well, much easier
than dealing with the Bureau of Parks =)

Buchan Reception Hall, capacity for 250 standing.

There's a 40% discount for non-profits, resulting in price: $1026USD.

Includes access to courtyard.

Includes access to kitchen.  I spoke of cheese storage ahead of time,
but forgot to finalize whether we could store days in advance.

Must end at 11:30PM to give a half hour for us to cleanup before
midnight.

Sunday 24th is open, there's a conflict on Monday 25th (there event goes
until 9PM and could be rescheduled to a different room if we pursue this
date), and Tuesday 26th is open.

Serving alcohol is a major point of contention: We must designate wine
pourers, that have to take a quick training on Oregon Liquor Control
Commission policy (on-site, provided), they cannot drink themselves, and
must make judgements of people's safety.  I asked if we could have ten
servers, response wasn't very positive, gave an example like "suppose
one server deems an attendee too drunk, this attendee could easily
switch to a more liberal server".  Show-stopper?

--
Gerald Turner <gturner@unzane.com>        Encrypted mail preferred!

--
Benjamin Kerensa