Re: [Debconf-team] DC14 C&W venue status

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:50:37AM -0800, Patty Langasek wrote:
>> The curfews actually rule the park options out completely. These
>> parties historically go on until midnight or later, and it's not
>> realistic to expect them to end before 10pm (9pm, actually, since we
>> usually have the party at the beginning of the week for ...  cheese
>> freshness reasons).

Okay I've stopped pursuing the Park options.

Vagrant dropped me a mail suggesting the Eliot Center¹, expressing that
it had a nice courtyard reminiscent of C&W parties and plenty of space.
I'm pursuing this option.

Thank you Christian PERRIER for the coordination insights — I've
included questsions about kitchen/refrigeration in my email to Eliot
Center.

>> I think we should approach this more like a big celebration
>> (wedding/anniversary/other big party) and find a nearby venue we can
>> rent out for a private party that doesn't require specific
>> catering. Gerald, do you mind seeing if there is such a monster in
>> the PSU area?
>
> Bearing in mind that we don't have any set budget for the C&W party
> (IME it tends to be done on the cheap), I don't think rented venues
> should be our first choice.  I think it's better for us to explore
> options with local companies who might like to host this.

Aha!  Well once I get a response from Eliot Center, I'll switch to
pursuing the local companies (Puppet Labs, New Relic).

¹ http://www.firstunitarianportland.org/our-church/facilities-rentals

--
Gerald Turner <gturner@unzane.com>        Encrypted mail preferred!