Re: [Debconf-team] Questions to the bid teams

martin f krafft dijo [Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:01:27AM +0100]:
> > - Heidelberg
> > I'm concerned about "With exclusive access, 24/7 is no problem.
> > But there will be limitations during DebCamp (or if we end up with
> > less than 350) when we are not the only ones (noise concerns,
> > etc.)". We want also not to disturb the attendees that want to
> > sleep, so noise is such big problem on the venue?
>
> Everything will be in one building, so noise is a concern. And yes,
> a few rooms are close to what would be designated social space.
> Obviously, this would have to be catered for.
>
> However, when we visited, we did raise those concerns explicitly and
> we concluded that it wasn't going to be a major problem.

Of course, I'd expect the hostel to agree to leave some empty rooms if
we guarantee ~80-90% occupation. Or, in the worst case, we can pay for
some rooms to remain empty so that the hostel is 100% ours. Of course,
we would no longer have a clear cost per attendee — But we would have
a fixed cost, which is also attractive.

> We are expecting all hot meals to be around 7 € per person.

For European standards, it seems quite attractive.

> > For all bids: * Are there minimum dressing standards on venue
> > / accommodation?
>
> No. But the conference venue is not a pool or a beach. I don't think
> this has ever been a concern at DebConf and it won't be at DC15 in
> Germany.

Oh, we did have some issues raised in Oaxtepec because of skinny
dipping - but also in Banja Luka because they would not allow barefoot
people to use the government building. I would expect a university not
to fret at the sight of toes, but...

> For both venues, we have specified the prospective dates: beginning
> of August for Munich, end of August for Heidelberg.

Ugh. There was a beautiful decade when almost all DebConfs happened
around July. Why August? :(